Saturday, April 29, 2006

Loot

Ok, so yesterday was my 22nd birthday and I got presents! I'll only mention a couple. Firstly, Mom and Dad are going to get my bike fixed so I can start riding again and build up my bad knee so I can start playing sports again next year. I'm really excited to get back on my bike finally!

Also, for a week I was staring at this massive bubblewrap King Kong-themed package that Vania sent me from New Zealand. I wasn't allowed to open it til my birthday, so I waited until she gave me a birthday call to open it while she was on the phone. And you know what was inside? A treasure!

There were two teeshirts and a pair of shorts that I accidentally left at Tom's dad's place in New Zealand, which I really missed - one of which Vania gave me for my 21st birthday and which I didn't even know I was missing! I just thought it was lost in my room here.

But she also gave me an electric toothbrush, because she knew that I was jealous of her one, so that's super cool. And she gave me two cool teeshirts which fit perfectly. And she gave me a little mirror to carry with me, because sometimes I need to see if I have food on my face and stuff when I'm out and there are no easily accessible mirrors. Stop laughing.

She ALSO gave me a really awesome card from her, Anna, Elliott, Mae, Jasmine and Kalinka with two photos inside, holding a Happy Birthday banner. And she sent the banner too! And a nice birthday letter, AND an engraved metal bracelet from her trip to Melbourne, from the very same stall where I got her a bracelet when I went to Melbourne last year. SO cool.

Check out the loot:





7 Comments:

Blogger treesa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I shall have a pint for you next time I'm at the pub. Hopefully, that's sometime soon.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

hey!! thats great! glad i got to you in time then haha... hey what does that bracelet say?

and thats cool. i always wanted an electric toothbrush.. coz im too damn lazy... but i'm too lazy to go get one.

ure only a year older than me?? i didnt know that... haha...

anyway looks like u had a lot of fun :) glad ure looking up.

stay happy!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 11:45:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAW

Gina

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger PhotoDiarist said...

The bracelet says "I love you" in Zulu.

Monday, May 01, 2006 12:06:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!
*hugs*

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:35:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy (late) birthday! what is your phd in (and how would one properly phrase that question?)?

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:01:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, i CAN'T stop laughing! sorry babes!! :D

and now your parents are gonna find out that i gave you those t-shirts! you promised chriso!!

and kelly, his phd is in his trousers. that sounds awefully wrong, doesn't it?!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material on this site © 2004-2009 Chris Anderson (aka PhotoDiarist™) unless otherwise noted