Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pillow Fight!

Today was the Flash Mob Pillow Fight downtown in Robson Square (south side of the Art Gallery). What's a Flash Mob? Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashmob

So basically it was a big pillow fight. I took part as a photographer, but was definitely hit a number of times despite the rule that photographers are not to be attacked. No worry though, I knew it would happen and everyone was in a good mood, no malicious people there at all. The fight lasted 15 minutes, and afterwards a lot of people just hung around, even though they were supposed to leave immediately after the fight.

Either way, it was TONS of fun and I saw loads of people I know, some of whom I hadn't seen in a long time. The one person we really wanted to talk to, a reeeeally cool guy named Brendan O'Neill (we met him in Chiang Mai, Thailand) was there, and I even got a photo of him without knowing it at the time, but we weren't able to find him when the whole thing had ended. We haven't seen him in over a year, since we last saw him in Thailand!

Well, without further ado, here are some photos I took. Some of them have watermarks - those pics are ones I uploaded to a yahoo group album for others to see and I'm far too lazy to spend 5 minutes resizing those pics without watermarks.

Tim Louman-Gardiner:





Random people:



Dan, my oldest brother:


Random people:





Jos, my sister:


Random people:



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I just found it listed on facebook. I should've been there.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come you and i have never had a pillow fight? or have we? did i win?

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:11:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah that's hilarious. what a riot.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:49:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got any photos with me in them? hehe

I'm borrowing a couple of your photos for xanga, I hope you don't mind.

tell me if you do

love,

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Joy said...

Awww I totally missed out! I got an email from another UBC friend telling me about it. The pics look great, by the way. What kind of camera do you use again?

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:42:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pillow fight!?! what?! i missed out? WHY?! damn. hahahaha oh well... i was out of town AND i was busy scraping the rental car... LOL. what fun! ahhh well... next time there's a flash mob i wanna come. mob... heh heh i'm gonna be apart of a "mob" wooHOO!

ps. awesome pics!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material on this site © 2004-2009 Chris Anderson (aka PhotoDiarist™) unless otherwise noted