Friday, December 11, 2009

September Adventures in London

On August 29th I flew over the Arctic from Vancouver to London. These clouds were kind of strange and neat:




I landed on the 30th, stayed a night with Gareth, a fellow logistics intern, then found my own place in northeast London on the 31st. A very rare empty car in the tube (London Underground):




Gareth and I went to the Notting Hill Festival, which is a big Caribbean festival in London. It was better-organised than Caribana in Toronto, and we had a good time navigating through the crowds and chatting with random people.




A capoeira group displaying their skills:




There were also LOTS of police around:



Check out the woman on the right side of the photo:







Neat street art:




My friend Aidan lives in London now, as a med student at Imperial College. We met up on September 5th and headed to a local pub, but when we arrived there was a crew of firemen arriving!




The firemen eventually left, and my friends Stash and Ian showed up to join us not long after. Stash and Ian were in London at the end of a two month European backpacking trip, and it was great to hang out with them while they were in town for a few days.




Stash and I went to the Lion King musical, which was amazing! No photos allowed, so I just took one before the curtains opened. But man, the visuals were amazing. If you ever have the chance, go see it.




On the first day of my second week as an intern, Stash and Ian joined me after work at a local pub called the Bavarian Beer Hall, where they sell very large beers. We did not order this:




The three of us, plus my friend and fellow intern Joanna, then headed to Tottenham Court Rd to eat Pho. Ian and Stash are tall:




We phound it!




Jo's not in any of our photos cuz she was always taking them for us... man was it tasty!




After we had our fill of Pho, we had a walk around the area and soon found Poland Street, which made Stash (who's Polish) very happy. Especially when I renamed it Pholish Street. We like Pho a lot, what can I say.




And as we passed an electronics store, the TV inside was playing some crazy weird movie with dinosaurs and aliens and stuff:




Stash and Ian then headed back to Vancouver, and I finally started getting some sleep in the evenings!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material on this site © 2004-2009 Chris Anderson (aka PhotoDiarist™) unless otherwise noted