Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Uppsala views

Here are a few shots of the areas I frequent here in Uppsala and environs:


In bearable weather we cycle along the river, and there are a couple of stretches of tree-covered path:




There's also this field where we see deer sometimes (I saw two there today on my ride home)




There's a tower for bird-watching at one point, and it has a railing so that people don't fall into the river:




On the other side of the river is a typical Swedish country home - you see this type of house in this exact colour all over the place in Sweden!




Still by the river, but closer to home, there's a little wharf with a picnic table. Wharf needs post to hold it up:




Uppsala Castle - well, one of the towers at least. It's built on the high point of Uppsala city centre area, but I haven't bothered trying to get inside yet:




On another day, stopped to take another photo of that same house, and a rainbow appeared!




That day, Lena and Wiebke were also riding home with me so we all took photos. Lena:




Wiebke:




Bulrushes growing by the river close to my house:




Try to figure this one out:




That same post, photographed two weeks after the one above. Yep, that's snow, AFTER most of it melted:




For those last three pics, Sulagna accompanied me on my walk down to the river and for some distance along it, so we took a photo of her in the snow - her first time in snow! I taught her pretty much everything I know about snow, so she's well-versed now. She also participated in our lengthy snowball fight a few days later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarina said...

snowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, November 22, 2007 1:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Bunny said...

Chris you are amazing. Your photos are amazing and your narrations so humble...

Friday, December 07, 2007 8:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Aisha said...

I love your photos! I wish I could take photos like you do. Very nice!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material on this site © 2004-2009 Chris Anderson (aka PhotoDiarist™) unless otherwise noted